Ph.D., Developmental Psychology Practitioner & Consultant
Contact Carolyn Lorente
By phone: 301-704-2613
Carolyn Lorente, Ph.D.
Wellness Services Offered
I have my Ph.D. in Developmental Psychology and work as a practitioner and consultant to create a goodness of fit between the person and their environments. I have had many years of experience helping others resolve challenges related to the stresses of modern life in careers, relationships, sexuality, parenting, childhood, adolescence, health, goal setting/attaining, and life changes in general. My expertise is in identity issues, conflict resolution, anger management, addiction and recovery support, relationship building, positive communication, managing life with ADHD, coping with disease or dysfunction and, in general, optimizing life.
I am available for private sessions, group workshops, organizational trainings and consultations, and program evaluation.
Selected Publications, Programs and Institutional Clients
- Miami Youth Development Project and Changing Lives Program
- Successful Prevention and Youth Development Programs: Across Borders (2004)
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention’s Model Programs Guide
- Bush Administration’s Helping America’s Youth Initiative
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration’s Drug Free Workplace Kit
- Office of Minority Health
- University of Maryland
- Northern Virginia Community College – Women’s Center Alexandria